Family and tradition are important to us here at the JCC Learning Center. Our diverse community is enriched every day by the Jewish values/traditions of helping others, sharing what we have, learning from everyone, taking care of the earth, treating each other with kindness and respect, all helping us become leaders of tomorrow.
We at the JCC Early Learning Center believe children should be the heart of the learning environment. We also believe in teaching the whole child. This means that while our academics are stellar, we also bring leadership and social consciousness to each child's everyday school experience.
We accomplish this through the "Leader In Me" program based on Stephen Covey's "7 Habits of HIghly Effective People," and through the ancient teachings of Pirkei Avot (the teachings of our Fathers and Mothers).
Your child will proclaim, "I CAN DO IT!" "I CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!"
Children learn to:
- Be Proactive: I am ready: If not now, when?
- Begin With the End in Mind: Think first, then act. There is purpose for all things.
- Put First Things First: Begin in the beginning. There will be time for everything.
- Think Win-Win: Balance courage for getting what we want with consideration for what others want. Treat your friend as yourself.
- Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood: Listen to other people's ideas and feelings. Remember a wise person learns from everyone.
- Synergize: Value other people's strengths and work together as a community.
- Sharpen the Saw: Take care of ourselves and family by eating right, exercising and learning something new everyday.