Material or registration fees are required for some activities at the J. Fees are necessary because membership dues often cover only a portion of the total cost of serving you. Center membership is required for many activities, however, the general public may sign up for some classes.
Members will be given advance registration opportunities. Full refunds (less a $10 processing fee) can be requested prior to the beginning of a class; prorated refunds up to the second session. No refunds may be made after the second session.
Trips: Refunds less a $10 processing fee will be provided if one cancels 30 days or more before a day trip. Within 30 days a refund less processing fee will be issued if space can be sold.
The J reserves the right to cancel a program in advance if there is insufficient enrollment or if a qualified instructor is not available. If the JCC cancels a program, full refunds will be given. To provide the fullest benefits to participants, it is necessary to limit the size of most programs.
Summer Camp Refund Policies:
- In accepting your camp registration, the Springfield JCC hires staff according to registrations and deposits paid.
- Camp deposits are non-refundable ($10 per week of camp reserved).
- If you cancel before May 1, 2022, you will receive a full refund less your deposit.
- If you cancel between May 1 and May 31, 2022, you will receive a 50% refund less your deposit.
- From June 1, 2022, until the end of the camp season, camp fees are not refundable. The only exception is if a camper must withdraw due to illness for at least five (5) consecutive missed days of camp. Such a refund request must be submitted in writing and accompanied by a doctor’s note.
- All fees to Specialty camps are non-refundable.
- The Springfield JCC does not pro-rate for missed camp days. This includes missed days due to family plans, medical absences, required quarantines, or in the event your camper is asked to leave camp.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website located at the URL https://www.springfieldjcc.org/.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the site
- Who collects such information
- How such information is used
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices you have regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information such as social security numbers from our visitors.
The Springfield JCC will use contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of for these purposes only:
- Distribute receipts
- Thank donors for their donation
- Acknowledge donors in Springfield JCC publications
- Inform individuals about upcoming JCC activities
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact donors about changes to this policy
The Springfield JCC does not and will not sell, trade or share a donor’s personal information with any other agency or entity.
All information provided to the Springfield JCC is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is accessible only by certain qualified employees of SJCC.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which the Springfield JCC has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Contacting the Website
Springfield Jewish Community Center
1160 Dickinson Street
Springfield, MA 01108