Why J Camps?
Values based curriculum, sports and ropes course, the arts, immersive STEM experiences and so much more. Our team of 70+ staff and specialists develop personal connections with campers, cater to individual needs, and create memories that last a lifetime.
- Coverage All Day: Camp is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday for children ages 6 weeks to 15 years. Pre-Camp is offered, beginning at 7:00 am, and Post Camp is offered until 6:00 pm.
- Talented Specialists: Our staff come from the local area, as well as from across the ocean! Two Israeli shlichim (counselors) will join us to immerse campers in fun Israeli cultural activities. Between STEM education, sports & the arts, our counselors have premium qualifications.
- Swimming Twice a Day! In the morning, campers receive lessons from certified instructors and enjoy free swim in the afternoons.
- Ethical Values: It’s camp with a purpose: Our weekly values, from Yosher (honesty) to Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) are woven into our daily activities! We aim to educate the WHOLE child.
- Inclusive Environment: Campers are provided with a sense of belonging, including individuals with different abilities. We do our best to meet the needs of all, regardless of physical, developmental or financial limitations.
- 20 acre campus: On the edge of Forest Park on the Longmeadow/Springfield line, J-Camp is easily accessible for CT and MA residents. Our outdoor facilities include basketball and tennis courts, playgrounds, athletic fields, trails, high and low challenge ropes course, and a zip line. Our air conditioned indoor facilities include a rock wall, auditorium, art studio, gymnasium, racquetball courts, and Olympic-size pool.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME:
We believe that ALL campers can participate, ALL campers can succeed, and ALL campers can make a new friend. No matter what your physical, developmental or financial limitations, all are welcome @ the J! Kehillah is our inclusion program that offers children with special needs and learning differences the opportunity to fully enjoy the JCamp experience. JCamps are one of the only ‘fully inclusive’ camps in New England and our campers love meeting people of all backgrounds!
Become a J Member and Save: Join today and enjoy the benefits of being a Springfield JCC member (Health & Wellness Center, including free group exercise classes, fitness center, gym and pool; teen game room, playground access and more). You will also be entitled to discount rates for JCC Summer Camps, as well as various adult, teen and youth programs. Learn more or schedule a tour, 413.739.4715.
What's a "Jewish Emphasis"?
J Campers experience 100+ activities, many infused with Jewish values. Two counselors (Schlihm) will join us from Israel this summer! Each Friday, campers will participate in a Shabbat celebration and bake challah bread to take home. All are welcome @ the J!
What are your hours?
CARE FROM 7AM TO 6PM. Pre and post-camp care are available by registration. Camp staff will provide games, activities and snack (at post camp). Pre-camp: 7:00 – 9:00am, $12 per day; Post-camp: 4:00 – 6:00 pm, $12 per day.
What is a Kosher Style?
Buy a JLunch or pack your own! We are a ‘peanut aware’ campus with designated tables, and also cater to other dietary needs as needed. Bring their own kosher-style lunch or purchase lunch daily from our kitchen for $5. Visit SpringfieldJCC.org to order lunch online, learn more about ‘Pizza Fridays’ and other dining experiences. Campers enjoy a frozen treat every afternoon. On Fridays, we all bake challah bread – and we’ll send some home with your camper!
What are the counselors like?
In a word – AMAZING. Our counselors, specialists and management staff come to us from Europe, the Middle East and all over New England! With premium qualifications and a passion for children, your campers are well cared for all summer!
What is Inclusion Camping?
People of EVERY mental and physical ability level love camp – together. Depending on the needs of the camper, they can be paired with aides and infused right into camp. Our inclusion program, financial aid opportunities and partnership with the New Americans program creates a melting pot every day at camp!
Do you have scholarships?
Scholarships are available on a funds available basis for those in need of financial assistance. The completed scholarship application is due by Friday, May 18. Scholarship applicants may register for camp with a $25 deposit. NEFW vouchers accepted. Contact Rabbi James Greene, Assistant Executive Director, with questions, JGreene@SpringfieldJCC.org or (413) 739-4715 x 307.
Swimming - Twice a Day
Most campers will get into our pool twice a day for instructional swim in the morning and a free swim in the afternoon. Our certified swim instructors will develop and motivate each camper, from new swimmers to advanced swimmers – and we’ll have a blast with our pool toys! *Please note: swim lessons may be canceled for a variety of reasons. J Camp does not offer make-up lessons.
More than $500,000 has been awarded in scholarships at J Camp. Thank you to the following scholarships for their help annually.
- The Morris Dane Campership Fund, established by the Dane Family to honor the memory of their father, husband and past president of the J.
- The Norman Cooper Fund supports the whole J. Norman was a social worker at the JCC who is remembered for his special commitment to our Community.
- The Kenneth Gotlib Campership Fund was established by his parents to honor the graduate of the JCC Preschool and Heritage Academy, an active J Camper and swim team participant.
- The Szafran family created the Jordan Szafran Scholarship Fund to honor the memory of their son, Jordan, who was an avid sports camper and Cudas swim team member.
- The David and Ruth Bennett Camp Scholarship Fund was established because the family wanted to make it possible for all who wish to enjoy a Jewish JCC summer camp experience.
Meet the Director!
Meet The Director
Seth Stutman is back for summer #4! As a camper, counselor and now Camp Director, he knows how impactful camp can be. He’s been a teacher, TV personality and improv comic among many former careers. A Massachusetts native, Seth now lives in South Hadley with his wife, daughter (who loves the J’s preschool) and dog.
What's Inclusion Camping?
Our Kehillah program that offers children with special needs and learning differences the opportunity to fully enjoy the JCamp experience. JCamps are one of the only ‘fully inclusive’ camps in New England and our campers love meeting people of all backgrounds!
What's New in 2020?
STEMFusion 2.0 will take EVERY camper on a deeper dive into immersive science! Late Night Bowling Trips! New Specialty Camps! Values-based learning!
Membership / Camp Offer
Become a J Member and Save. Join today and enjoy the benefits of being a Springfield JCC member (Health & Wellness Center, including free group exercise classes, fitness center, gym and pool; teen game room, playground access and more). You will also be entitled to discount rates for JCC Summer Camps, as well as various adult, teen and youth programs. Learn more or schedule a tour, 413.739.4715.
Camp Countdown Clock!