To help lessen the spread of the corona virus, Governor Charles Baker mandated that restaurants only provide take-out.
Restaurants have been creative in serving customers who choose to be extra cautious by offering curb-side pick-up. Simply ordering and paying by phone, patrons call when they have arrived, and an employee delivers the order in the parking lot.
During a recent online meeting, members of the Springfield JCC staff shared their favorite To-Go picks. Bev Nadler also offers tips for those seeking kosher beef and poultry:
“A few different local options are Big Y in Longmeadow as well as Stop & Shop in East Longmeadow,” says Bev. “Big Y – Longmeadow carries a limited selection of beef and poultry but has not had any in recent past (as of April 24). Stop & Shop – East Longmeadow has had a large selection of fresh products, with a limit of 2 per item. Their Kosher frozen food case also contains some additional items.”
Bev also recommends Shop Rite, Enfield, which sometimes carries fresh and frozen poultry. The Crown Market, West Hartford, has a large variety of many different items and delivers to Springfield/Longmeadow. Call 860-236-1965 for more information.
Susan Whirty added a philanthropic angle when considering a local Take-Out business: “Luigi’s in Longmeadow not only has fantastic pizza, but also, the owners have been collecting donations from people in the area and delivering food to the essential workers on the front line.”
Here are additional J Staff Restaurant Picks when you need a break from cooking:
- Doug Allen: Pho Saigon (Springfield) | 781.4488
- Emily Aron: Bueno Y Sano (Springfield) | 301.0976 | Delaney’s Market (Longmeadow) | 372.8486
- Stacey Coleman: Fazio’s (Longmeadow) | 525.2735 | “Dinner Special, Salad and Bread or Four people is only $25+tax. Simply place your order by 11 am and schedule your curbside pick up between 3-7 pm. Easy-Peasy and So Yummy!”
- Tina Edwards: Nathan Bill’s (Springfield)| 737.6135 | “Their corned beef Reuben or the fish & chips are our favorites!”
- Todd Frazer: (West Springfield): Latitudes | 241.8888 | Classic Burger | 363.1654| and Clemenza’s Brick Oven | 417.7544
- Sean Martin: Bueno Y Sano (Springfield) | 301.0976 | “Love me a burrito… or seven!”
- Bev Nadler: Grapevine Restaurant (Longmeadow) | 567-6266 | “I especially like the Greek salad.”
- Kim O’Neill: Bueno Y Sano (Springfield) | 301.0976
- Barb Orszulak: Teresa’s (Ware) | 967.7601 | “Excellent American and Italian cuisine!”
- Kelly Perla: Parker Pizza (Springfield) | 796.1111 | Wings over Springfield | 783.9464
- Debbie Whitehead: Parthenon (Agawam) | 786.7941 | “When you need a good fish fry dinner!”
On March 23, Masslive posted an article with suggestions of restaurants throughout the Pioneer Valley: https://www.wwlp.com/news/health/coronavirus-local-impact/list-of-food-deliveries-and-takeout-in-western-massachusetts/
What is your favorite take-out location at this time?