Your J is the regions premiere destination for Jewish arts & culture and the Pioneer…
The Life Lessons Department at the J would like to share some favorite recipes with you.
“I’ve always found cooking and baking both enjoyable and therapeutic and have been doing a lot of this in between work, reading and television,” says Bev Nadler, Director of the Life Lessons programs. This recipe is not from an Adult Cooking Class but one that I think is worth sharing. It’s easy and uses ingredients that most people have available at home. Hope you’ll try making these muffins…they’re yummy!!
Banana Pecan Crunch Muffins
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ c melted butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP softened butter
- 2 TBSP oats
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or any other nuts you have
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together masked bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Add in flour mixture and stir until combined. (Don’t over mix) Divide batter evenly in 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl combine topping ingredients and spoon over 12 muffins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.