Thank you to all of you in the community who have reached out to help in so many ways. We appreciate all the support we have received, we know you want to be part of a solution. Many people have asked how they can help and some specifically have asked about making a financial contribution. The best way to support the J at this time is to make a donation to The Chai Society. This unrestricted fund allows us to use donations where they are most needed.
For more information contact Bonnie Cox, Philanthropy Director.
Chai Society recognizes donors who contribute to the JCC on an annual basis. Donors enjoy exclusive invitations to special events.
A Chai Society annual gift helps sustain Jewish education and enrichment, educational opportunities, adult education and the PJ Library. Additionally, Chai Society provides scholarships for summer camp, pre-school, daycare and memberships, special needs (Kehillah), youth & family engagement and more.
Maximize your impact with a monthly gift!
- $1,000 Platinum $84/month
- $540 Gold $45/month
- $360 Silver $21/month
- $180 Bronze $15/month
Your investment or money or time empowers us to meet the ever-changing needs of our center and helps provide quality, accessible programming and a safe, inclusive environment that inspires and supports meaningful connections throughout our community. There are several ways you can contribute:
- Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD or IRA Rollover)
- A QCD allows IRA owners who are 70 ½ or older to direct distributions up to $100,000 per year to charity and avoid taxation – without the need for a tax deduction or itemized return. You can also satisfy all or part of your Required Minimum Distribution with a QCD gift. While there was a CARES Act reprieve last year, RMDs are back for 2021.
- Appreciated Securities
- 2021 has been an extraordinary year for the investment markets. Many people own securities that have significantly increased in value. There is a double tax benefit when you donate securities you’ve owned for more than one year – you avoid the capital gains tax that you would have owed if you sold them, and you may claim an income tax charitable deduction for the share price.
- Refer a Member.
- Join our Chai Society. Become a member of our annual campaign and help us make lasting change in the Pioneer Valley.
- Invest in one of our endowment funds.
- Make a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one.
- Donate your in-kind items to the J.
- Designate the J as your charity of choice with AmazonSmile.
Establishing a named endowment fund at the J helps strengthen our community into the future. Contributing to one of our endowed funds helps sustain our programming for years to come. Many donors establish endowment funds to honor the memory of a loved one; others choose to establish an endowment during their lifetime so that they can see the results of their generosity. Interested in donating to one of our existing funds? Please specify your choice in our donation portal.
Current endowment funds at the J include:
- Dindas Family Fund
- Edith and Sol Harmetz Fund
- Eli and Sadie Gurvitch Fund
- Frances and Norman Cohen Fund
- Gwen and Paul Berman Fund
- James O’Donnell Fund
- JCC Endowment Fund
- Jordan Szafran Fund
- Joseph and Ida Zippin Fund
- Mal and Sally Schneider Fund
- Marcia Rosen Fund
- Margie Epstein Smith Leadership Development Fund
- Mark Kofman Fund
- Max Tasgal Fund
- Morris Dane Fund
- Neal Webber Building Sustainability Fund
- Nettie and Samuel Throne Fund
- Newell Nissenbaum Fund
- Norman Cooper Day Camp Fund
- Paul Smith Memorial Fund
- Posnick Fund
- Preisick-Trietsch Fund
- Rabbi Mark Dov Shapiro Social Justice Fund
- Ron and Ronnie Nadel Fund
- Samuel Foner Fund
- Sivek Family Fund
- Skole Family Fund
- Stuart Greene Fund
- Vi Uretsky Fund
We thank all our planned giving and legacy donors for their foresight and generosity.
By naming the J as a beneficiary in your will or in an insurance policy you will ensure a vibrant Center for the next generation.
You could endow an annual gift and create a lasting legacy. Direct gifts can be designated to programs that excite and inspire you and your family.
Your donation – and the donations of others just like you – guarantees that our mission driven programs and services are viable for our community today and for generations to come.
The J looks forward to customizing a sponsorship package to meet the needs of your company.
We offer a unique range of benefits that can strengthen your corporate image and enhance your visibility to an active and targeted market. This sponsorship is one of the most impactful marketing opportunities available to you…and it has philanthropic value:
- Unequaled corporate visibility and enhanced brand awareness (i.e. high exposure to an attractive demographic)
- Ideal platform for your company to reach its target audience
- Opportunity to improve the quality-of-life in the community you serve
- Alignment with a highly respected and well-publicized organization
- Sponsorship benefits to enhance your corporate image:
- Web Site, E-Blasts, Social Media Shout-outs
- Campus Signage
- Digital Kiosk
- Print Collateral
- Event Sponsorship
- Pioneer Valley Jewish Film Festival Program Book
- Annual Report
Customized packages can be created to help your company fulfill its marketing objectives.