Your well-being is important to us. The Springfield JCC Health & Wellness Center offers 65+ land or pool group exercises classes to improve and maintain your overall well-being. Try a cycling class, yoga in our pool or find fitness with one of our personal trainers!
You deserve to feel your best! Get there at the J!
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, our offerings are evolving. We currently are offering outdoor programming and will be in touch with updates on recreational activities for all ages, interests, and skill levels.
Fitness to Fit YOUR Schedule
The J’s certified Personal Trainers will design an individual fitness plan according to your needs and goals. Your trainer will coach you through each workout to ensure maximum results. Sessions can be purchased at the J’s Welcome Desk.
Our weekly Group Exercise classes are fun and innovative and will challenge you to reach new levels in health and wellness.
Cost: Free for JCC members, $15/class general public
Our current offerings include:
- Ab Attack: Focuses primarily on strengthening the muscles of the core. After a quick 10 minutes your abdominals will be on fire!
- Aqua Aerobics: Water aerobics is a great way to tone your muscles, improve flexibility and cardiovascular health. It is a low impact whole body workout.
- Bootcamp: Experience a high-intensity boot camp style workout with a combination of both strength and cardio intervals for an intense workout.
- Cardio Sculpt: Interweaves variable-intensity cardio with total body strengthening using weights.
- Circuit Challenge: Perform different stations each week to test your cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, balance, flexibility, and mental toughness. Are you up for the challenge?
- Cycling: Experience a high-intensity cardio class on stationary bikes. Hit the hills, power the sprints, and chase the competition. All levels welcome! (Limit 28)
- Heart and Soul: Let’s put our whole person in! Work your heart a little or a lot and then stretch your way to greater flexibility.
- Kickboxing: Instructor will demonstrate arms, legs and then kickboxing combinations with your choice of low, medium, or high intensity. Weights will be used occasionally as an optional strength boost! Time will be left for mat work too!
- Papaya Pilates: Build a balanced body with an emphasis on core strength, alignment, balance, and flexibility. Geared towards beginners.
- Restorative Yoga: A yin-inspired deep-stretch class which consists of a series of longer-held seated postures that touch the connective tissues, ligaments, joints, tendons, and bones.
- Strength & Sculpt/Super Sculpt: Body sculpting exercises that are great for all levels. A variety of equipment will be used to keep things fresh.
- Vin/Yin Yoga: Fusion sessions that focuses both on the outward, utilizing strong and dynamic flows to warm the body, and inward, revitalizing the body and mind.
- VXN: A dance fitness class focused on improving the physical and mental wellness of women. VXN merges dance, music, and fashion while providing an environment where you can experience an emotional release, mind-body connection, and community.
- Yogalates: A blend of Yoga and Pilates that focuses on strength, flexibility, breath, and mindfulness.
- Zumba: Ditch the workout, join the party! Zumba is a fusion of Latin and International music – dance themes that create an exciting, dynamic, and effective fitness system. No dance experience necessary!
Special Needs Training
Kehillah, the J’s Special Needs Program, offers Adaptive Aquatics, Ladies’ Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Basketball, Zumba. and more.
The mission of Kehillah is to provide quality recreational and enrichment programs for children and adults with special needs. We are committed to fostering a fun and welcoming environment where participants develop skills and independence, build self esteem and cultivate meaningful relationships.