6 Weeks Through 5 Years
Join the J’s Early Learning Center & Make the J Your Home Away From Home
- Creative curriculum based on the academic and social interests of the children.
- Massachusetts State Frameworks and guidelines scaffold your child’s skills from one level of mastery to the next.
- We help children see themselves as changemakers in our community and the world.
- We know that children learn best by being fully engaged in their own learning. This means that children, with the guidance of their teachers, construct their own path to discovery. We encourage children to ask “Why?” and provide hands-on opportunities to explore and find the answer.
- Gross motor activities help with learning. We offer the children indoor and outdoor physical movement in our three outdoor playgrounds and the playscape. The children also have weekly PE classes with a specialist. Our children 2.6 and older also have once a week swim enrichment.
- All families are welcome at the J. All faiths are welcome – we celebrate Jewish culture in a fun, inclusive way. For example, on Fridays we celebrate Shabbat* with sharing challah bread.
- The children learn that it is important to be thankful for our families. One way we do that is through Shabbat (Fridays every week). On Shabbat we gather as a class or as a school to light Shabbat candles to usher in the Sabbath and set it apart from the weekday world. The children learn special blessings over Shabbat candles, our delicious Challah bread and offer blessing to our friends and family for another wonderful week.
*What is Shabbat? Shabbat is when we gather as a class, or as a school, on Fridays – we light candles to “usher in” the Sabbath and set it apart from the weekday world. Immediately after lighting candles, we say a special blessing over the grape juice and the challah, and partake in a Shabbat-themed activity.
The mission of the JCC ELC is to provide an exceptional academic and social environment where nurturing staff encourage children to be curious, creative, and socially conscientious all under a Jewish umbrella of values, ethics, and leadership.
- Parents Only: If you are a current preschool family, you can request to join our facebook group…
- Got a parenting question? Ask Deb, the JCC Early Learning Expert.